"A Life Worth Dreaming About"

"A Life Worth Dreaming About"
My debut novel available now, click on image to be redirected to my website

"A Life Worth Dreaming About" reviews

Captivating!”

--- Linda

Inspiring!”

--- Scott B.

A feel good book.

--- Hannah F.

“I like the easy, accessible style.”

--- Julia Forster, author of “Shadow Jumper”

“Extremely intriguing.”

--- Lisa Lickel, author of five novels, including “The Map Quilt”

“Good straight forward storytelling and the hook at the end of Chapter 1 works well, when we think the excitement is over. ... The writing is quite good.”

--- Tod Schneider, author of “The Lost Wink”

“It was an enjoyable read. Once I got into it, it kept my interest to see where it was going.”

--- Jill Badzinski, former editor West Bend (Wis.) Daily News

“I like the story. Carl reminds me of Patrick Bateman in ‘American Psycho.’ They are both loners and have a fondness for expensive clothes. I like the description in the first chapters of his interaction, or rather lack of it with his colleagues. I think it's good.”

--- Maria Gibbons, author of “Past, Present, Future?”

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Career Day and talking to kids

Today was a fun day. For the third year in a row, I was a presenter for the annual Career Day at Silverbrook Middle School in West Bend. It's an event I very much look forward to. I get to talk about my job and share my neat experiences with the kids. I also got a chance to talk about my book, which the kids asked a lot of questions about, most of which were around how much money do I make.

Today was maybe the best of them all. In the previous two years, I had about 50 kids total sign up to want to hear my story. This year, the number was over 200!

I was paired with this couple who run a photo business out of their home in Hubertus. What a nice couple. The girl, Amy, was a UWM grad from Hartford and played soccer. But get this, she has the same birth date as me!

Probably the best part is when I said when I get free food when I go to Packers' games, a bunch of eyes lit up like Christmas lights :)

Priorities right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement in Daily News

Advertisement in Daily News
Click on image to be redirected to Fireside Books and Gifts website

Oshkosh Gallery Walk Advertisement

Oshkosh Gallery Walk Advertisement
Saturday, Aug. 4, 6:30 p.m.

Advertisement in Wisconsin State Journal

Advertisement in Wisconsin State Journal
Click on the image to be redirected to A Room Of One's Own Bookstore

Oshkosh Gallery Walk, Aug. 4, 2012

Oshkosh Gallery Walk, Aug. 4, 2012
Cover from map for Aug. 4 Oshkosh Gallery Walk